Happy New Year everyone! It is now 2015 and hopefully a year full of exciting adventures and changes for the best. I have decided to accomplish a list of about ten things that I would like to accomplish throughout the year. I am a fairly recluse person and usually spend my free time home reading a book or watching television. It is sad if you think about it, which is surprising since I love being outdoors in the wilderness. As a result for being a hermit I am going to try to be more active outside of my home and maybe figure out who I am and what I want to do with my life. I guess we shall have to wait and see how that goes. For now here is a list of ten things that I want to accomplish for the year and the reasons why. Enjoy!
- Lose weight- Why be original when I can have the traditional New Year’s resolution on my list. I just want to lose some weight and become more active and tone my body. Simple, yet hard. Especially since I have a ridiculous sweet tooth so it will be good practice in my self control of food.
- Go somewhere on holiday- I love traveling but I cannot afford to travel as often as I would like. I want to go to Scotland or maybe somewhere else in Europe. If that is not possible then at least go on a weeklong vacation someplace away from where I live.
- Take a dance class- I grew up in the dance world from seven to eighteen and I miss dancing a great deal. It does not have to be ballet (which was my primary form of dance) but anything. Maybe hip hop, jazz, lyrical, or maybe something new like salsa and ballroom.
- Something fun- Parasailing, paragliding, hot air balloon, jumping out of a plane, or anything that is new and exciting. Which could also mean the library if I go out of state to a place that has a beautiful and/or historical library in the area. I know, exciting!
- Paddle boarding- I have always wanted to do this and it seems like it could be a lot of fun.
- Quit my job- Or at least go seasonal. I have worked for the same company for five years and it is time for me to move on and do something else. Maybe then I will be able to figure out what I want to do with my life, besides traveling.
- Apply for jobs- As much as I want a new job it is hard for me to actually apply for one. I am not quite sure why but I always seem to get cold feet. I guess I am just nervous of the unknown (at least when it comes to jobs).
- Who Knows- To be honest, ten things to accomplish for the year is actually more difficult to figure out than I thought. This list puts in perspective of what I really want to accomplish for the New Year. So here’s a freebie that can be whatever I want whenever I figure it out.
- Alright number nine hmm………. Move out. And move in with some friends. Maybe this will help me to become more sociable or at least get me out in the world more often.
- Learn something- It is always good to learn something new. I have always wanted to play poker or maybe learn how to play the guitar. Archery is also something I have always been interested in. As long as it is fun count me in!
Here is my list to accomplish for 2015; I cannot believe it is already here. So here goes nothing. To life, to love, and to happiness. May this be an exciting New Year for you all and best of luck on your New Year resolutions!
By the way, if you have any suggestions or comments about my list feel free to let me know. I would not mind hearing from you. Best Wishes everyone!